Exclusive short-term accommodations in downtown Bellingham. Welcome to your home in the city!
Hamlet Hotel is ideally located in the entertainment district of beautiful downtown Bellingham, Washington. Minutes walk from great food, entertainment and adventure.
- .9 mi to Western Washington University (20 minute walk)
- .4 mi to Mount Baker Theater (8 minute walk)
- 5.3 mi to Bellingham International Airport (18 minute drive)
- 4.4 mi to Whatcom Community College (12 minute drive)
Our two-story brick building was built in 1906 during a vibrant and dynamic period of Bellingham history. The downstairs originally housed the Cottage Bar and the upstairs was the Cottage Hotel (12 sleeping units plus a community bath). Around 1950, the second floor windows were covered over and remained so for the next seven decades; the second floor denigrated to storage use. In 2017 the building underwent significant renovation that returned the second floor to modern residential living space. Approximately 90% of the original hotel walls have been retained to create our four "hamlets."
A brief sampling of popular downtown events include:
- Bellingham Beer Week (April) - a celebration of our craft beer passion
- Downtown Bellingham Farmer's Market (April - Christmas) - Saturdays from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Ski To Sea (May) - seven race legs from Mt. Baker to Bellingham Bay
- Downtown Art Walk (first Friday of every month)
- Commercial Street Night Market (Friday evenings throughout summer)
- Bellingham Festival of Music (July)
- Downtown Sounds (July/August) - live music and beer garden every Wednesday evening
- Bellingham Traverse (September)
"Completed January 2018 - Hamlet Hotel is comfort, style and location stirred to perfection!"